Friday, April 13, 2012

Omen

Friday the 13th - superstitious? Not really. Busy day at work so I doubt much will get accomplished at home. I do have to push myself to start on work around here though instead of just focussing on the  amount of things that I had expected'him' to do and feeling ridiculously overwhelmed.

I want to have things in reasonable shape by the end of the month when I want to list the house even if all the 'niceities' haven't been done. There's a room or two to be painted and the kitchen cleaned, as well as both bathrooms and then of course the yard and pool area have to be made presentable. After that, as time permits there'll be paint touchups and general maintenance.

Yesterday I took a day from work and stocked up on the basic supplies so I can get things done when time permits and I don't need to run out for materials. It does help that work takes me to Walmart most days so I can pick up things as needed! So, today's a busy work day but I do plan on finishing prepping the spare bedroom for painting.......holes have been patched and sanded so it just remains to wash the walls and trim to get rid of dirt and dust. I have to admit to cheating and getting white paint for walls and trim so I don't have to be especially careful with taping and staying within the lines!

Besides planning indoor projects there's also the yard to be done and that requires consulting the weather forecast. It seems like the coming weekend might be warm enough to try and clean up what's left of the fall and winter debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment