In the task at hand of prepping the house for listing I actually made a start........I got the first coat on one wall in the spare bedroom (it was 'his' room and left in a bit of a mess). It's not much progress but it's enough. This past week has been draining in so many ways, most especially since it was a manically busy day at work with more hours scheduled than I've ever done before. No big deal; it's impossible to do the room all in one go anyway....it's small and the furniture has to be shifted around just to get to one wall at a time.
A little less furious at what happened this past week but still takenaback at the attitude. A brief phone call and the comment that he is going to get a 3 month supply of his blood pressure meds at Walmart for $10! OK, great and that might possibly help his general health but.........I told him well over a year ago about the possibility of doing that and yet he did nothing at all then.
I am also informed his brother is going to come and get some of his tools and I suppose take them down to him. The question is, why didn't he take the extra time and take what he needed from the start? I will admit to being angry that he's planning to work for 'P' (ex whose house he's living in) and yet I put up with him not doing much of anything in recent months. The point being, he seems to have every intention of doing exactly what he should have been doing here, for me....sobering up, improving his health and actually getting things done. Did I just enable him to stay drunk and now he has no option but to dry out and get on with life in recovery? Why didn't he put forth this effort before?
No comments:
Post a Comment