Friday, April 13, 2012

And then....

A brief phone call and I couldn't help but vent my frustration and bitter anger. He is of the opinion that I am the one in the wrong. I told him to leave and that money he spent or gave me in the past more than made up for what he has sponged off me. I would contend that he has taken more from me than he ever gave. He even mentioned the bills he freely agreed to pay when he first moved in, no mention though of the fact he lived here with no contribution towards rent or utilities. As usual, his version of events puts him in a flattering light. He lived here for the past 8 months or so with absolutely no income whatsoever and that alone leaves him owing me if you ever wanted a complete accounting.

As far as telling him to leave, yes I did , but I didn't expect him to pack up and leave so abruptly when I picked him up from rehab. I stupidly thought that he would stay a day or two and finish the work I had paid him to do. In the bigger picture, yes, I'm glad for the peace and not having to watch his every move but it's frustrating nevertheless.
He is living in a house owned by an ex girlfriend while she spends her summer elsewhere and apparently he will be doing chores etc. It will be interesting to see if he actually follows through with various promises of looking for work. I have to wonder why he couldn't pull himself together here - except that I didn't force the issue as I should have done. He talks of getting a full time day job and another in the evening so that his chances to drink are few so why didn't he do whatever it took to do that while he was here. I will believe it when it happens - I heard those same assurances when he got out of rehab last time but he quickly relapsed. It's hard to believe this time will be any different and I'm not sure I will ever know for sure what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment