Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter

Our first winter weather advisory of the season, if you discount the bizarre weather we had this past Halloween. Back to franticly checking the school website and waiting for an email or text that never came. Despite freezing rain and some kind of crunchy stuff underfoot, it's business as usual, much to everyone's disgust. I had anticipated a delayed opening given the forecast and most likely lending my car to my son whose own car isn't exactly winter weather appropriate. That said, he may change his mind if it isn't as bad as predicted and I will find I'm not housebound after all. That throws me for a loop because I don't 'do' spontaneous very well. A last minute change of plans never sits well with me, even if it's to my benefit, adapting is not one of skills!

Now, what to do with the time I wasn't expecting? I should , or rather, would like, to get my hair cut and my toes painted and I'm trying hard to jusify the spending, even if, in the scheme of things, it's not that much.  It would certainly help my mind set and attitude.........

No comments:

Post a Comment