Friday, January 6, 2012

Winter mantle

This is the winter display I finally came up with for my mantle, put together with remnants from Christmas and other things I had lying around. Aside from the silver mercury jar the only new purchase was the blue hydrangea which was 70% off on clearance.

The mantle sits atop the fireplace in my bedroom and is part of the tableau that greets me every morning when I awake......usually around 3.30am. Have I mentioned the utterly ridiculous sleeping schedule I seem to have adopted? Without a reason to stay awake I tend towards laying down by 7pm,only to wake up 2 or 3 hours later, stay awake for a while and then sleep until sometime closer to 4am.

I will admit to finding that first blush of my day the best of all, still snuggled under my cuddly blanket and very often finding the cat curled up at my feet.

I wish, at times, that I could just stay here all day. The feeling of peace and comfort before the stresses and anxiety of the day sets in is close to perfect. During the winter months especially it is becoming increasingly difficult to throw back the bedclothes and greet the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment