I hadn't weighted myself in maybe seven years, but you would have to be blind not to notice the extra curves and squishy bits. So, with the New Year and a discount offer to a local gym, came the resolution to at the very least start exercising regularly. I have no explanation for my weight gain; I haven't changed my eating habits drastically although my lifestyle had become more sedentary and throwing in possible menopause, stress and anxiety may well account for it.
I have to admit it's not exactly a hard core workout so far.....30 minutes on a treadmill every day, but it's a start and an achievement that I get out of the house and go at all. I have to work up the nerve to try the stairsteppers and eliptycal (sp?) but I already know that's going to kill my legs for a while. The gym itself is pretty awesome; set in the basement of a local ritzy hotel, complete with indoor pool, jacuzzi and a gorgeous outdoor pool and patio when the season allows (apparently I could even get a drink bought to me from the bar!!). Shame I'm moving within the next year.......although this place is so nice it may be worth a return visit a couple of times a week!

No comments:
Post a Comment