Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Tricks

What is it they say about teaching old dogs? Well, this old dog is trying at least. Here it is, 7.15am and I am still in bed and not frantically launching myself into the day. Truth be told, I'd like nothing better than to stay in bed all day but I won't. Baby steps maybe, but I am trying to make significant changes.

10.30am, errands done and revelling in the warmth after braving temperatures well below freezing. It's going to take a lot of will power to head out again later to the gym, especially with a winter weather advisory for later warning of freezing rain overnight - oh joyous!!, not!

I'm thinking perhaps early afternoon would be a good time to go - the place was reasonably empty last week at that time.  I have wondered about making poolside my 'office' and do some reading and writing there but we'll see. One thing I do have to do is buy a bathing suit :) How bizarre that even with a swimming pool at home, I have not worn a suit in many years (since I can't swim) but the gym offers a jacuzzi (if they get it fixed that is, right now it is empty and supposedly will be bubbling again in a couple of days). Good thing that retail tends to work a season or two ahead - we haven't seen a serious snowfall yet this winter but the bathing suits are in the stores already.

Scratch the gym for today! Right now, my car is the only one on the road that can remotely handle bad weather so, being the good little team player that I am, I will be foregoing the gym so that others can use my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment